Okay, so I’ve never really been worried about what other people thought. At least I thought I hadn’t until it came time to get another pet and I decided that I’d go with a dog for fear that I would earn the neighbourhood’s crazy cat lady title if I got another cat. Anyway, it got me to thinking; what are the signs that you might be going down that road… you know, the one that leads to children quickening their pace as they pass your house… and I came up with a list.
- You not only speak to your cat/dog, you ask it for its opinion too; ‘Do you think we should… blah blah blah?’. You may even answer for your cat/dog… just occasionally… maybe.
- You spend more time in the pet food aisle at the supermarket than you do in the human food aisles.
- You are never without an emergency poo bag but frequently turn up to the supermarket without a shopping bag.
- You find liver treats in the bottoms of your pockets.
- The pet shop staff all know you and your animals.
- You leave the air conditioner on for your cat/dog when you go out.
- There are more ‘animal’ towels in the linen cupboard than ‘people’ towels.
- Your cat(s)/dog(s) generate more laundry than you do.
- You have more than one kitchen shelf dedicated to cat/dog food and treats.
- You would rather spend time with your cat(s)/dog(s) than some of your acquaintances.
- Your couch and/or the back seat of your car are the same colour as your animals.
- You refer to your cat(s)/dog(s) as ‘the kids’.
- The cleaning guy asks how many cats/dogs you own when you hand over a rug to be cleaned.
- If you can’t take your dog with you, you’d rather not go. And finally…
- You have a pet blog!
I think it might be too late but I shall wear my badge with pride. And maybe I’ll get a big, floppy, floral hat to wear too.
Anybody got any other things to add?
This is a Blog Hop
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…